HDFS, mail # user - Re: how to rebuild hadoop-core-0.20.2-cdh3u4.jar

Re: how to rebuild hadoop-core-0.20.2-cdh3u4.jar
Harsh J 2012-12-01, 10:34
Hi,

Since this is a CDH build specific question, I am moving the post to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/cdh-user]

To answer your question, you can simply do this:

[Assuming $HADOOP_HOME points to your CDH3u4 tarball location, which
you can download from
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u4.tar.gz btw.]

$ cd $HADOOP_HOME/src
# Do your JobClient modifications under the sources here.
# Good idea to git init and commit the whole directory the first time,
to track your changes.
# After changes, build them into a jar
$ ant jar
# Copy over and overwrite original jar (good idea to keep a backup.
$ cp build/hadoop-core-0.20.2-cdh3u4.jar ../

That should be all!

--
Harsh J