Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zookeeper Internals & Dyn. Reconf.

Re: Zookeeper Internals & Dyn. Reconf.
Hi again,

Thank you for answering so quickly.

>> - How can I extend the reconfig-request by certain parameters?

>You need to change src/zookeeper.jute (look for ReconfigRequest) and
>then recompile, which will update the relevant classes.
So, if changing the relevant entries there, among changing
ReconfRequest.java all necessary changes are inserted automatically to all
corresponing and participating classes that process this request? So, for
example, the /zookeeper/config zNode will contain the added information at
the end, while within the Request Processors the request is still readable
and everything is still working the same way as it did before like e.g. when
checking for to be added and removed servers or for the members-entry inside
the request, or when building/checking the QurumVerifier and so on?
I´m just asking in advance because I´m done with bad surprises atm ;)
> DataTree.java is the right place, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work
>for you. You can see how the quota node is implemented there. [...]
>
> initConfigInZKDatabase();

> this is a method in QuorumPeer.java. Perhaps in your case you need
> something similar, don't know.

I´ll try. But before I get something wrong, one more general question
concernig this issue:
Changing the DataTree from within is just a manipulation of the server´s
local data, right? It won´t be changed/replicated at any time as long as
there are no requests that aim for that specific DataNode, or will it?
I just ask because unique server-related zNodes may come in handy for me.

Thank you once more,
Frank
Alexander Shraer-2 wrote