MapReduce, mail # user - RE: Debugging YARN AM

RE: Debugging YARN AM
Devaraj k 2013-06-18, 06:38
Hi Curtis,

     "yarn.app.mapreduce.am.command-opts" configuration is specific to MRAppMaster. It is not applicable for DistributedShell AM.

If you want to dump out debug information then you can make use of the debug option of DistributedShell application. If you want to debug by connecting remotely, you need to update the DS application code accordingly.

Thanks
Devaraj K

From: Curtis Ullerich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 June 2013 08:19
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Debugging YARN AM

Hi all,

I can successfully debug the MapReduce ApplicationMaster in standalone mode by launching the pi estimator example with this command:

hadoop jar hadoop-mapreduce-examples-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar pi "-Dyarn.app.mapreduce.am.command-opts=-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000" 10 10

and then attaching a debugger to port 8000 using Eclipse. This doesn't work with the DistributedShell example, presumably because it's not configurable with yarn.app.mapreduce.am.command as it's not MapReduce. Looking in yarn-default.xml, I don't see an equivalent parameter. For learning purposes, how can I debug the DistributedShell example (and other AMs)?

Thanks!

Curtis