Hive >> mail # user >> ENV variables from CLI

ENV variables from CLI
How can I read env variables from the CLI .  The basic set command might not be enough for me.
Essentially this is what Im trying to do - create a .hiverc file   under $HIVE_HOME/bin  so as to to create UDFs for everyone in the company to access .   I d like to create the .hiverc file with  commands like

 add jar  ${JAR_LOC}/custom_hive_udfs.jar;
 CREATE TEMPORARY function  BlastIt as 'com.test.hive.udf.BlastIt';

Id prefer not to  hardcode the location of  the jar file.   What are my options ?  Generating the .hiverc file everytime there s a change  can only a second-best option .
Sam William
[EMAIL PROTECTED]