Sqoop >> mail # dev >> When use import tool to connect a database, is it possible to store the username and password in a separate properties file for security?

+
sam liu 2013-02-18, 02:43
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-18, 02:53
+
sam liu 2013-02-18, 03:03
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-18, 03:09
+
sam liu 2013-02-18, 04:50
+
abhijeet gaikwad 2013-02-18, 08:35
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-18, 15:59
Re: When use import tool to connect a database, is it possible to store the username and password in a separate properties file for security?
Thanks Jarcec. Yes, I agree it is worth a mention that JobConf gives away
the password.
If they can somehow mitigate the JobConf "password in plaintext" glitch,
that should not be the end of world for them. I wanted them to evaluate the
way if at all it helps them.

Above all, Sqoop 2 is the best way out.

Thanks,
Abhijeet