Zookeeper, mail # user - contrib REST?

Re: contrib REST?
Patrick Hunt 2014-01-09, 00:04
I created the original version which supported polling access (so no
long lived sessions, watches, ephemerals, etc...) and Andrei later
added long lived session support. (see the spec)

afaik it works and I've had interest from a few folks to make it more
"mainline" rather than a contrib. Both on the UI side and exactly what
Jordan mentioned - enabling more languages to access ZK. Often just
having the ability to read/write znodes via REST covers alot of cases.

Today it's a proxy which adds management complexity. Moving it to run
as part of a ZK server would be nice (pluggable at runtime). iirc I
used grizzly/jersey to implement it. Jersey is good but likely we
should move it over to jetty at this point (esp with the other work
going on to add jetty support for 4lw to the server in 3.5.0).
Probably some of the newer methods are missing (e.g. multi).

Would be a great project for someone to take on.

Patrick