Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop User Meetup in October during Hadoop World 2013

Sqoop User Meetup in October during Hadoop World 2013
Hi Sqoop users and developers,
I would like to organize Sqoop user meetup during Hadoop World 2013, where most of the hadoop positive folks will be in New York. For this purpose I've created a meetup on our meetup.com profile:

http://www.meetup.com/Sqoop-User-Meetup/events/129236352/

The conference itself is happening on October 28-30, so we should preferably meet either on 28 or 29th on late afternoon. To that extend I was wondering if there is a user, developer or company in New York that would be so kind and offer space that we can use for the meetup? Considering our last meetups, conference room for approximately 15 people should be more then enough.

I would propose to start the meetup with couple of short presentations (roughly 20 minutes each) about various Sqoop topics or use cases followed by socializing. If you have any topic that you would like to present, do let me know!

Jarcec