HBase >> mail # user >> Interactions between max versions and filters

Re: Interactions between max versions and filters
On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Christophe Taton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there an explicit specification of the behavior of max versions (set in
> a get/scan) when combined with filters?
> From my experiments (with 0.92 CDH4.1.2), the max versions is applied in a
> way that is neither pre-filtering nor post-filtering.
> In particular, I am currently playing with the ColumnPaginationFilter, and
> I am not entirely certain I understand the intended/expected behavior.
> I also did not find an explicit specification in the reference user guide
> nor in the API javadoc.

Hey Christophe:

Sounds like a bug.  My understanding is that the regardless of filters, max
versions should be respected (Yes, we should have a specification but we do
not have one here).

Yours,
St.Ack