Colin McCabe 2013-02-17, 21:48
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-18, 02:35
Stack 2013-02-18, 01:49
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-18, 22:03
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 00:11
Patrick Angeles 2013-02-20, 18:08
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-20, 19:56
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-20, 23:01
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:06
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:06
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-20, 23:08
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:13
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-20, 23:31
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:40
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-21, 00:04
Re: VOTE: HDFS-347 merge
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Suresh Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> HDFS-347 does not clearly state old short circuit will be removed any where
> in the jira or design. If this was made clear in the jira, this discussion
> would
> have happened much earlier than now.
>
> You seem to be taking the comments I am making the wrong way. I am
> supportive of this work. In fact as you see some of us have spent time
> testing this work and have reviewed the code.

The patches even going back as far as last September have all removed
the old code path. I sort of assumed that, if you are taking time to
review the patches, you would have noticed this... additionally,
Colin's comments on the JIRA said as much... eg:

 "The old RPC is now deprecated and will always throw an
AccessControlException, so that older clients will fall back to remote
reads."
"BlockReaderLocal: simpler implementation that uses raw FileChannel
objects. We don't need to cache anything, or make RPCs to the
DataNode."

from his 10/1/2012 patch upload. So, any patch you might have looked
at since then would have clearly removed the old code path.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera