Hadoop, mail # user - Calling C inside MR

Calling C inside MR
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-03, 12:05
Hello list,

          I have a tool (written in C) that performs some different types
of operations and can be used as a command line utility. I had to write a
similar tool, as we have moved towards Hadoop platform for most of the
things.

Till now I have taken this tool as reference  and written MR jobs
corresponding to some the modules of this tool and they are working fine.
But I am wasting a lot of time in this. So, I just wanted to ask if it is
possible to call this tool through a MR job?? Somewhat like JNI kinda
thing. (I hope it is, otherwise I have to write rest of things from scratch
and we are running out of time).

Many thanks.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq