HBase >> mail # dev >> Heads up, HTablePool will be deprecated in 0.94, 0.95/0.96, and removed in 0.98

+
lars hofhansl 2013-08-03, 04:29
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-03, 05:31
+
lars hofhansl 2013-08-03, 05:54
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-03, 14:20
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-04, 03:52
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-08-04, 03:56
+
lars hofhansl 2013-08-04, 05:41
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-04, 23:27
Re: Heads up, HTablePool will be deprecated in 0.94, 0.95/0.96, and removed in 0.98
Just look at HConnectionKey part, and hoops we go through to detect whether HConnections are the same or not, when to cache them, when/how to release them.
In fact almost all HConnectionManager does is managing HConnections on behalf of HTable, when it should be other way around.

Typically, when things get hard to explain (check out the comments in HConnectionManager) there is either an abstraction missing, or the abstraction is not right.
The reverse (Connections "managing" HTables) has none of this.
-- Lars