HBase >> mail # user >> Enabling compression

Re: Enabling compression
Thanks! I was trying it out and I see this message when I use COMPRESSION,
but it works when I don't use it. Am I doing something wrong?
hbase(main):012:0> create 't2', {NAME => 'f1', VERSIONS => 1, COMPRESSION
=> 'LZO'}

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RegionOfflineException: Only 0 of 1
regions are online; retries exhausted.

hbase(main):014:0> create 't3', {NAME => 'f1', VERSIONS => 1}

0 row(s) in 1.1260 seconds