MapReduce >> mail # user >> mapred.tasktacker.reduce.tasks.maximum issue

mapred.tasktacker.reduce.tasks.maximum issue
Hi Guys,

I am increasing mapred.tasktacker.reduce.tasks.maximum in the hadoop
cluster. But regardless whatever I tried, hadoop refuses to use my value
but the default (2)
What I did do
==========
stop mapred
stop dfs

update the value of mapred.tasktacker.reduce.tasks.maximum
start dfs
start mapred
But the system still uses default values
Environment
========
Hadoop version: 1.1.2
Java version: 7
Mapred-site.xml
===========
<property>
  <name>mapred.system.dir</name>
  <value>/hadoop/mapred/system</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.reduce.tasks</name>
  <value>50</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.tasktacker.reduce.tasks.maximum</name>
  <value>15</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.tasktacker.map.tasks.maximum</name>
  <value>15</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
  <value>-Xmx500m</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
  <value>machine1.mydomain.com:54311</value>

</property>

Thanks guys for any pointers!!!!
Best regards,
Vincent.