Hive >> mail # user >> HiveHistoryViewer concurrency problem

+
Qiang Wang 2013-01-04, 08:28
+
Qiang Wang 2013-01-05, 01:54
+
Jie Li 2013-01-05, 03:41
Re: HiveHistoryViewer concurrency problem
It is likely an oversight. The Majority of hive code was not written to be
multi-threaded.
On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Jie Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Qiang,
>
> Could you describe how HiveHistoryViewer is used? I'm also looking for
> a tool to understand the Hive log.
>
> Thanks,
> Jie
>
> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Qiang Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Does Anybody have an idea about this?
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-3857
> >

> > 2013/1/4 Qiang Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>
> >> new HiveHistoryViewer() throws ConcurrentModificationException when
> called
> >> concurrently by several threads.
> >>
> >> According to the stack trace, HiveHistory.parseLine use private static
> >> Map<String, String> parseBuffer to store parsed data and this caused the
> >> exception.
> >>
> >> I don't know why a static buffer rather than a local buffer is used!
> >> Anybody have an idea about this?

+
Qiang Wang 2013-01-05, 05:11
+