Hadoop >> mail # user >> Automate Hadoop installation

+
praveenesh kumar 2011-12-05, 10:32
+
Sagar Shukla 2011-12-05, 11:14
Re: Automate Hadoop installation
These that great project called BigTop (in the apache incubator) which
provides for building of Hadoop stack.

The part of what it provides is a set of Puppet recipes which will allow you
to do exactly what you're looking for with perhaps some minor corrections.

Serious, look at Puppet - otherwise it will be a living through nightmare of
configuration mismanagements.

Cos

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 04:02PM, praveenesh kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone guide me how to automate the hadoop installation/configuration
> process?
> I want to install hadoop on 10-20 nodes which may even exceed to 50-100
> nodes ?
> I know we can use some configuration tools like puppet/or shell-scripts ?
> Has anyone done it ?
>
> How can we do hadoop installations on so many machines parallely ? What are
> the best practices for this ?
>
> Thanks,
> Praveenesh
+