HDFS, mail # user - Re: queues in haddop

Re: queues in haddop
Michael Segel 2013-01-11, 15:06
He's got two different queues.

1) queue in capacity scheduler so he can have a set or M/R tasks running in the background to pull data off of...

2) a durable queue that receives the inbound json files to be processed.

You can have a customer written listener that pulls data from the queue and puts them either in HDFS or HBase, depending on the access patterns and the content of the files.
Then you would write a M/R job that actually processes the data to be used by ancillary processes not mentioned in the OP's question.

This is why he asked about RabbitMQ which is one option, there are others like ActiveMQ or something else....