HBase >> mail # user >> HBase 0.94.x vs Hadoop 2.0.x?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-22, 18:25
Re: HBase 0.94.x vs Hadoop 2.0.x?
HBase 0.92+ onwards has had support for Apache Hadoop 2.x+ along with
Apache Hadoop 1.x.

The note on the web manual says that:

"As of Apache HBase 0.96.x, Apache Hadoop 1.0.x at least is required.
We will no longer run properly on older Hadoops such as 0.20.205 or
branch-0.20-append. Do not move to Apache HBase 0.96.x if you cannot
upgrade your Hadoop[10].

Apache HBase 0.96.0 runs on Apache Hadoop 2.0."

Which means, starting with 0.96, only 2.x Hadoop will be supported and
support for 1.x or older Hadoop versions will be dropped (or will not
be "properly supported").

--
Harsh J
+