Accumulo >> mail # dev >> problem running two consecutive MiniAccumuloClusters

+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-10, 23:33
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-11, 14:26
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-11, 15:00
Re: problem running two consecutive MiniAccumuloClusters
I tried running two MiniAccumuloClusters from the same JVM and it
hung.  This is because I was calling Init in process and some
singletons were being reused.  If I spawn a process to call init, it
works fine.  I will check in a fix.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Billie Rinaldi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Billie Rinaldi
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > I'm experimenting with converting all of our MapReduce tests over to use
>> > MiniAccumuloCluster.  It's been really challenging to write tests that
>> > correctly test the behavior of our input and output formats (asserts
>> within
>> > a Mapper don't work as one would hope), but I've gotten all of the test
>> > classes to pass individually.  However, when I run any two of them, the
>> > second one fails with the message: FATAL util.Initialize: Zookeeper needs
>> > to be up and running in order to init. Exiting ...
>> >
>> > I can replicate the issue by copying the existing MiniAccumuloClusterTest
>> > to a different name (still ending in Test) and running them both.
>> >
>> > Any thoughts?
>>
>> I will look into it.
>>
>> Are you running two instances of MiniAccumuloClusterTest from the same
>> java process or from different Java processes?
>>

> I'm running them by executing a "mvn clean package" at the command line.
> They also fail if you select both and run as junit test in eclipse, but
> it's slightly different -- the test just seems to hang at the end of the
> first test though you see the same FATAL message.  At the command line,
> it's clear that it fails at the beginning of the second test.
>
> Billie
>

>> > Billie

+
John Vines 2013-01-10, 23:35