Pig >> mail # user >> Request for suggestions

Request for suggestions
Hi,
We have a scenario where we want a single Hadoop job to create/manage multiple mapper tasks where each mapper task will query a subset of columns in a relational database table. We looked into DataDrivenDBInputFormat, but that only seems to facilitate partitioning where each mapper task can query a subset of rows in a relational database table.

I am not sure if Pig can help us in this case.

Appreciate any suggestions in this regard.

Thanks
srinivas
+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-11-26, 21:14