HBase, mail # user - question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-04, 06:25
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-07-04, 08:57
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-04, 09:00
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-07-04, 10:50
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 06:09
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-05, 06:21
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 07:03
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-05, 07:30
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 07:38
+
Anoop John 2013-07-05, 07:58
+
Anoop John 2013-07-05, 07:55
Re: question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 08:01
No worries, Anoop. Here is some clarification for this chain.

It started initially to figure out how to check whether SCR is effective at
the RS or not. I could not find the metric anywhere in ganglia/JMX and
didn't find any RegionServer level metric either and so started looking at
my DN logs. I saw a lot of "clienttrace" logs which are basically logs for
HDFS_READ and HDFS_WRITE ops. I wanted to see if it's a valid assumption
that SCR is working if I don't see any clienttrace logs for the RS that is
hosted on the same box as the DN.

Hopefully I clarified it.

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:55 AM, Anoop John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Agree that right now the HBase handled checksum will work only with SCR.
> But it might work without SCR also later (as support come from HDFS)..  So
> I am not getting the direct relation btw the SCR metric and this one. Am I
> missed some thing in the mail loop? Sorry just trying to be clear on this
> :)

+
Anoop John 2013-07-05, 08:07
+