HBase >> mail # user >> question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read

Re: question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read
No worries, Anoop. Here is some clarification for this chain.

It started initially to figure out how to check whether SCR is effective at
the RS or not. I could not find the metric anywhere in ganglia/JMX and
didn't find any RegionServer level metric either and so started looking at
my DN logs. I saw a lot of "clienttrace" logs which are basically logs for
HDFS_READ and HDFS_WRITE ops. I wanted to see if it's a valid assumption
that SCR is working if I don't see any clienttrace logs for the RS that is
hosted on the same box as the DN.

Hopefully I clarified it.