Zookeeper >> mail # user >> How to replace a zookeeper server ?

+
David Song 2012-04-17, 06:48
+
Camille Fournier 2012-04-18, 02:50
+
David Song 2012-04-18, 03:16
Re: How to replace a zookeeper server ?
David, does zookeeper need to be up (i.e. no quorum loss) while you
update the server list? If not, it's probably the easiest to shut down
the entire cluster and bring up the new cluster.

Camille, what's the order of rolling restart that doesn't cause quorum
loss? Would it cause any issues to have inconsistent server list
during this process?

Thanks!
--Michi

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Camille Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Probably a variant on the rolling restart is the right way to go:
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/FAQ#A6
>

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:48 AM, David Song <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> hi,
>>  I have three zookeeper servers, such as A/B/C online. But now I want to
>> replace box C with a new box named D. What's the best way to update the
>> server group?
+
Ted Dunning 2012-04-18, 15:44
+