Drill >> mail # dev >> update on dist exec work

Re: update on dist exec work
> >    Otherwise we have to encode and decode a buffer of length zero.  If no
> >   buffer is passed, we just drop that field all together.  Also, I wasn't
> >   thinking that the second submitQuery() exists.  The goal of the buffer
> >   field is to be able to keep data off heap.  We probably shouldn't use
> it
> >   for for metadata (such as the query plan).
>         - Not sure what you're saying… Are you suggesting that the query
> itself should be kept in RunQuery

Basically yes.  I'd like to be strongly typed unless we're specifically
dealing with data we want to manage off heap.  As such, I was thinking that
only record batches should be passed via the open ended bytebuf interface.

I see that you've made the other updates.  I'll merge those into the
execwork wip branch.

Thanks for all your effort.

Jacques