HBase >> mail # user >> Rest Client remote connection

+
Erman Pattuk 2012-10-14, 20:27
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-10-14, 20:43
Re: Rest Client remote connection
With a more detailed investigation, I found out that the problem was
about setting a filter for the scan instance.

In my application, I create FilterList and put a KeyOnlyFilter in it.
Then I use Scan::setFilter(Filter) method. If I remove this statement,
then there is no problem.

Does Rest API support filters in Get and Scan? Maybe that is the problem.

By the way, in the server logs, there was not a trace of a failed
request of some kind.

On 10/14/2012 3:43 PM, Andrew Purtell wrote:
> First, if you don't need mismatched client and server versions of HBase
> you'll do yourself a favor by avoiding that - just as a general suggestion.
>
> Next, a 400 response means your request was not properly formatted. We will
> need more information to understand why. What was the request as sent by
> the client? What is logged on the server side?
>
> On Sunday, October 14, 2012, Erman Pattuk wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have yet another problem with HBase rest client/server thing. Through
>> Java Rest Client, if I call scan function, an IOException occurs, saying
>> "scan request failed with 400".
>>
>> Here is the situation:
>> I am running my application on my laptop, which has hbase 0.94.1. On the
>> other hand, cluster that I am connecting to has HBase 0.90.1. Before
>> starting Rest server on cluster, I had to copy jax, jackson (I don't
>> remember the names exactly :)) jars to master and slaves.
>> I can connect to cluster's Rest server from my laptop, I'm sure about
>> that. But, when I send a query (Put, Scan or any other), I get error code
>> 400.
>>
>> Do I have to update HBase on my cluster as well? Or can I solve the issue
>> without doing so?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Erman

+