HBase >> mail # user >> Import HBase snapshots possible?

+
Siddharth Karandikar 2013-08-01, 13:35
Re: Import HBase snapshots possible?
The ExportSnapshot will export the snapshot data+metadata, in theory, to
another hbase cluster.
so on the second cluster you'll now be able to do "list_snapshots" from
shell and see the exported snapshot.
now you can simply do clone_snapshot "snapshot_name", "new_table_name" and
you're restoring a snapshot on the second cluster

assuming that you have removed the snapshot from cluster1 and you want to
export back your snapshot..
you just use ExportSnapshot again to move the snapshot from cluster2 to
cluster1
and same as before you do a clone_snapshot to restore it

Matteo

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Siddharth Karandikar <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am testing out newly added snapshot capability, ExportSnapshot in
> particular.
> Its working fine for me. I am able to run ExportSnapshot properly.
>
> But the biggest (noob) issue is, once exported, is there any way to
> import those snapshots back in hbase? I don't see any ImportSnapshot
> util there.
>

> Thanks,
> Siddharth

+