Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Queries

Re: Hive Queries
Hi Jarcec,
I did try Sqoop. I am running sqoop 1.4.2 --hadoop1.0.0 along with hadoop
1.0.4 But I keep running on the following exception.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found
class org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but interface was expected

So I wrote a small program but all I can do is send queries to the server.
> Hi Cyrille,
> I'm not exactly sure what exactly you mean, so I'm more or less blindly
> shooting, but maybe Apache Sqoop [1] might help you?
>
> Jarcec
>
> Links:
> 1: http://sqoop.apache.org/
>
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 01:44:45PM -0500, Cyrille Djoko wrote:
>> I am looking for a relatively efficient way of transferring data between
>> remote server and Hive without going through the hassle of storing the
>> data first on memory before loading it to Hive.
>> From what I have read so far there is no such command but it would not
>> hurt to ask.
>> Is it possible to insert data through an insert query in hive? (The
>> equivalent to insert into table_name
>> values (...) in xSQLx)
>>
>> Thank you in advance for an answer.
>>

>> Cyrille Djoko