HBase, mail # user - Coprocessor end point vs MapReduce?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-18, 00:11
+
Michael Segel 2012-10-18, 00:27
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-18, 01:19
+
Michael Segel 2012-10-18, 01:31
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-18, 01:44
+
Michael Segel 2012-10-18, 01:50
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-10-18, 04:20
+
Doug Meil 2012-10-18, 12:36
+
Michael Segel 2012-10-18, 18:01
+
Doug Meil 2012-10-18, 19:18
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-10-19, 03:33
+
lohit 2012-10-19, 03:58
Re: Coprocessor end point vs MapReduce?
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-25, 13:01
Hi all,

First, sorry about my slowness to reply to this thread, but it went to
my spam folder and I lost sight of it.

I don’t have good knowledge of RDBMS, and so I don’t have good
knowledge of triggers too. That’s why I looked at the endpoints too
because they are pretty new for me.

First, I can’t really use multiple tables. I have one process writing
to this table barely real-time. Another one is deleting from this
table too. But some rows are never deleted. They are timing out, and
need to be moved by the process I’m building here.

I was not aware of the possibility to setup the priority for an MR job
(any link to show how?). That’s something I will dig into. I was a bit
scared about the network load if I’m doing deletes lines by lines and
not bulk.

What I still don’t understand is, since both CP and MR are both
running on the region side, with is the MR better than the CP? Because
the hadoop framework is taking care of it and will guarantee that it
will run on all the regions?

Also, is there some sort of “pre” and “post�� methods I can override
for MR jobs to initially list of puts/deletes and submit them at the
end? Or should I do that one by one on the map method?

Thanks,

JM

+
Anoop John 2012-10-25, 17:13