HBase >> mail # dev >> the impact of .META. Table offline

Re: the impact of .META. Table offline
Yes.. before any region gets assigned -ROOT- and .META. gets assigned.  It
happens this way
First log splitting of the Region Server that went down happens then the
ROOT and META gets assigned first.
In your case it should have happened.

Regards
Ram