HBase >> mail # user >> one of our datanodes stops working after few hours

one of our datanodes stops working after few hours
I took a jstack (http://pastebin.com/5v6mHg3t).   After few hours, its
literally staggers to a halt and gets very very slow... Any ideas
whats its blocking on?
(main issue is that fsreads for RS get really slow when that happens).

-Jack