Pig >> mail # user >> github piggybank

github piggybank
I know there has been lots of discussion on git going on.  I've been wanting a place to stick useful UDFS that are pretty generic as well as nice place to share other people's work.  I was thinking github would be a nice place to do this (and have heard others say as much on this list).

I noticed we now have apache pig on github: https://github.com/apache/pig
as well as a "wilbur" piggybank repository.

Is forking the apache repos and contributing to the piggybank inside there the best way to let people share/reuse these common UDFs or is there something else?

+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-03-26, 23:17
+
Bill Graham 2012-03-27, 00:41