Hive, mail # user - Can hive show external table filenames?

+
Keith Wiley 2013-01-31, 19:37
Re: Can hive show external table filenames?
Edward Capriolo 2013-01-31, 20:12
Try
describe extended <tablename>
or
describe extended <tablename> (<partition>)

the location is one of the properties

Edward
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Keith Wiley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "show tables" shows the HDFS directories which correspond to Hive tables and various select queries show data from inside the files (each row of a file being a row of the overarching table that the entire directory represents)...or so I have convinced myself...but can Hive show the HDFS filenames?  Or is "hadoop fs -ls" the only way to do that?
>
> Thanks.

> Keith Wiley     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     keithwiley.com    music.keithwiley.com
>
> "The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches
> me to suspect that my own is also."
>                                            --  Mark Twain

Keith Wiley 2013-01-31, 21:55
+