Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Patch update

Hive Patch update
Hello,

The following patch was released on 25th February, 2013, Monday:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-3235?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#issue-tabs

Although it says resolution: unresolved, I was wondering that if it is
available in the current stable release version of Hive.
How do I use this function to get the jobId of the mapred tasks submitted
to the Hadoop cluster by the hive server, if I submit a Hive query remotely
using the Hive client.
I need the jobId in my application that is calling the Hive server using
the hive-client to monitor the progress of query submitted to the hive
server.

Or is there a way to achieve this using the hadoop job notification service?

Thank you for the help.

--
Regards,
Ouch Whisper