Hadoop >> mail # general >> Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0

On 05/02/2011 02:33 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
> On May 2, 2011, at 2:21 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>> I have absolutely no objection in principle to an Apache 0.20 release
>> including security.  I object to the fact that this patchset started
>> from an arbitrary point and unilaterally applied a large set of patches
>> that are not well correlated with Jira, trunk or other 0.20 branches.
>
> Completely untrue.

'Completely'?  Really?  Not a true bit in there?  Wow!

> This patchset started from 0.20.1 has is complete superset of 0.20.1.

0.20.1 isn't a branch, it's a tag.  The 0.20 branch includes many
post-0.20.1 patches that are not in this candidate.  Releases in a
series normally share a branch.

> I asked if you were willing to withdraw your objection if the technical
> concerns are satisfied. I think you answered my question - you will not
> withdraw your objection even if it's a technical issue.

That is not what I said.  If this release does not get enough votes then
perhaps another 0.20.203 release candidate will be proposed.  Its
process and contents will be different and I will judge it on the basis
of those when I vote.

Doug