MapReduce, mail # user - Re: NameNode low on available disk space

Re: NameNode low on available disk space
Harsh J 2013-03-01, 06:44
I believe I already responded to another one of your multiple threads
on this problem, that you have to move contents of the old dir to the
new dir and not format. Thats how one changes the dfs.name.dir
properly.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Mohit Vadhera
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> May i know the answer plz ?
>
> Thanks,
>

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Mohit Vadhera
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>  Even i created the file /mnt/san1/hdfs/cache/hdfs/dfs/name/in_use.lock
>> and set permission . when i restart hadoop services. It removes and I find
>> below logs.
>>
>> Do I need to format the NN?
>> Below is the command to format the NN ?
>> Any kind of loss while formatting ?
>> Is there any way to avoid formatting and change the cache path ?
>>
>> 2013-02-28 05:57:50,902 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
>> Lock on /mnt/san1/hdfs/cache/hdfs/dfs/name/in_use.lock acquired by nodename
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]l
>> 2013-02-28 05:57:50,904 INFO
>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: Stopping NameNode metrics
>> system...
>> 2013-02-28 05:57:50,904 INFO
>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: NameNode metrics system
>> stopped.
>> 2013-02-28 05:57:50,904 INFO
>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: NameNode metrics system
>> shutdown complete.
>> 2013-02-28 05:57:50,905 FATAL
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: Exception in namenode join
>> java.io.IOException: NameNode is not formatted.
>>
>> Command to format the NN.
>>
>> sudo -u hdfs hdfs namenode -format
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Mohit Vadhera
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> After creating the directory and setting permission I tried to restart
>>> the services and i get error "/mnt/san1/hdfs/cache/hdfs/dfs/name/in_use.lock
>>> acquired by nodename [EMAIL PROTECTED]l" and services are not
>>> being started.
>>>
>>> Need to check few logs from below logs.
>>> ==================================>>> 2013-02-28 05:06:24,905 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Util:
>>> Path /mnt/san1/hdfs/cache/hdfs/dfs/name should be specified as a URI in
>>> configuration files. Please update hdfs configuration.
>>> 2013-02-28 05:06:24,905 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Util:
>>> Path /mnt/san1/hdfs/cache/hdfs/dfs/name should be specified as a URI in
>>> configuration files. Please update hdfs configuration.
>>> 2013-02-28 05:06:24,906 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Only one image storage
>>> directory (dfs.namenode.name.dir) configured. Beware of dataloss due to lack
>>> of redundant sto
>>> rage directories!
>>> 2013-02-28 05:06:24,906 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Only one namespace
>>> edits storage directory (dfs.namenode.edits.dir) configured. Beware of
>>> dataloss due to lack of re
>>> dundant storage directories!
>>>

>>> ************************************************************/
>>> 2013-02-28 05:06:23,385 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsConfig: Cannot locate configuration:
>>> tried hadoop-metrics2-namenode.properties,hadoop-metrics2.properties
>>> 2013-02-28 05:06:23,556 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: Scheduled snapshot period
>>> at 10 second(s).
>>> 2013-02-28 05:06:23,556 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: NameNode metrics system
>>> started
>>> 2013-02-28 05:06:24,905 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Util:
>>> Path /mnt/san1/hdfs/cache/hdfs/dfs/name should be specified as a URI in
>>> configuration files. Please update hdfs configuration.
>>> 2013-02-28 05:06:24,905 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Util:
>>> Path /mnt/san1/hdfs/cache/hdfs/dfs/name should be specified as a URI in
>>> configuration files. Please update hdfs configuration.
>>> 2013-02-28 05:06:24,906 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Only one image storage

Harsh J
+
Mohit Vadhera 2013-03-01, 07:51
+