Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5

Re: [VOTE] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5
Robert Evans 2013-05-13, 16:36
If I have to get to the other end of 14 busses I can either do it Evel
Knievel style and jump them all at once or I can walk from one end to the
other, one step at a time.  I personally would rather take many different
small steps than try to take one giant flying leap and risk missing.

Also I don't think anyone said that we are going to to a major release per
feature.  I thought the proposal was to do a 2.0 release before snapshots
is merged in and a have snapshots go into 2.1.  I don't really want to
open up the version numbering discussion again but I want my quote to be
interpreted the way I intended it to be.  I don't see snapshots as a major
change.  I see it as a step.  I just don't see a reason to keep two
parallel lines branch-2 where we try hard to maintain compatibility, and
trunk where is is a dumping ground that only makes it more difficult to
move to in the future.

--Bobby