Drill, mail # dev - branding and technical trivial items

+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-15, 22:36
Re: branding and technical trivial items
Julian Hyde 2012-10-15, 22:50

On Oct 15, 2012, at 3:36 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been saying "logical plan" for the (hopefully) universal
> representation that comes out of the parser plus some semantic steps.
> Jason and Julian have indicated that a more standard term would be
> "physical plan".  I am happy to switch the plan doc to standard
> nomenclature.

I'd appreciate that. Of course one man's physical is another woman's logical, but I found myself tongue-tied when trying to use your nomenclature.

> Along similar lines, it appears that database articles have DAG's that flow
> upwards.  I have been drawing them downwards simply because that is the
> default in Omnigraffle.  I can invert and draw them going upwards if it is
> the consensus that it matters/is preferable.

I don't mind. (In ETL tools the data flows left-to-right. I can adapt to anything.)

Julian
+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-15, 23:13
+