A new era! Cheers!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Arun C Murthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:49:14 PM
Subject: Apache Hadoop 2.x is now GA with release of hadoop-2.2.0
I'm very happy announce that the Apache Hadoop community has released hadoop-2.2.0, the *GA* release of Apache Hadoop 2.x!
Users are encouraged to immediately move to 2.2.0 since this release is significantly more stable and is guaranteed to remain compatible in terms of both APIs and protocols.
To recap, this release has a number of significant highlights compared to Hadoop 1.x:
• YARN - A general purpose resource management system for Hadoop to allow MapReduce and other other data processing frameworks and services
• High Availability for HDFS
• HDFS Federation
• HDFS Snapshots
• NFSv3 access to data in HDFS
• Support for running Hadoop on Microsoft Windows
• Binary Compatibility for MapReduce applications built on hadoop-1.x
• Substantial amount of integration testing with rest of projects in the ecosystem
Please see the Hadoop 2.2.0 Release Notes for details.
Congratulations to the entire community, this is a big deal!
P.S.: A couple of important points to note while upgrading to hadoop-2.2.0:
• HDFS - The HDFS community decided to push the symlinks feature out to a future 2.3.0 release and is currently disabled.
• YARN/MapReduce - Users need to change ShuffleHandler service name from mapreduce.shuffle to mapreduce_shuffle.
Arun C. Murthy
NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately
and delete it from your system. Thank You