Accumulo, mail # dev - mvn install stuck

Re: mvn install stuck
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 14:38
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Both of those are addressed with the profile that is activated with
> -DskipLicenseCheck, so a dirty workspace will pass the check. The
> focus was on being pedantic for the clean checkout situation.
>
> We can add exceptions for those things that make a workspace dirty,
> but aren't packaged, for 1.5. However, in the future (>=1.6), I'd like
> to help make it easier to move away from the practice of dirtying the
> source directories to run Accumulo out of one's workspace.
>
> There is so much to maintain with all the svn:ignore properties set,
> the exceptions in the custom assembly descriptors and RPM/DEB
> profiles... it'd be better to allow running out of the target
> directory (which is already ignored by almost all Maven plugins), and
> use the default settings for packaging plugins wherever possible, than
> to worry about maintaining all these exceptions.
>
> Running out of the workspace can still be possible (out of the target
> directories, or a dedicated top-level workspace directory whose tree
> we ignore entirely), without all these exceptions to the rule.
>
> So, with that in mind, I only added exceptions to the apache-rat
> plugin configuration for things whose licenses are described elsewhere
> (js libs), or for things where it misinterprets the file as text
> instead of binary (splits, for testing), so that anything that was
> dirtying the workspace would explicitly be caught. As I said, it can
> be more lenient for 1.5 if you wish, but I think deactivating the
> check with the -DskipLicenseCheck should be sufficient for your needs.

It sounds like the rat check is configured now for changes you plan to
make in the future.   IMO the poms should be configured for the way
developers work now.  The changes you mention sound great, when they
are made the rat check can be reconfigured.  Maybe that means
skipLicenseCheck is enabled by default for now, and has to be
explicitly disabled?  We do not want to put to much time into putting
bandaids on something that may fundamentally change, whats the
quickest solution to make it work?