> I can take care of this right now. Sorry about the delay, I got drawn onto a couple of other projects at work over the past couple of weeks.
I just committed the patch in AVRO-1102 to trunk. Doug, is that enough to let you cut a new 1.7.0 release candidate including the patch? Or do I need to merge that commit into another branch first?
For AVRO-1101, I just posted a comment on the issue — I'm not sure if the patch you've uploaded is the right way to solve the problem. So for this one, I think we can wait to address it in 1.7.1. That will give us time to work out the right solution. There are more details in my comment on the issue, but I think it needs a documentation update, and not a code update.