Flume >> mail # user >> Create custom sink

Re: Create custom sink
Its pretty straight forward!! You need to create a class extending from
Abstract Sink and override the process method..

For example:
public class MyCustomSink extends AbstractSink {
public MyCustomSink()
{
    //Your initialization code goes here..Constructor is called when you
start agent

}

@Override
  public Status process() throws EventDeliveryException {
    Status result = Status.READY;
Channel channel = getChannel();
    Transaction transaction = channel.getTransaction();
    Event event = null;
    try
 {
     transaction.begin();
    event = channel.take();
   ///Now you are ready to process the event

}

}
In the host properties file you need to mentioned the full class
name..com.mycom.MyCustomSink