HDFS, mail # user - Re: incrCounter doesn't return a value

Re: incrCounter doesn't return a value
Ashish Umrani 2013-08-03, 23:45
While I whole heartedly agree that it could be useful if counter would have
returned the incremented value, the purpose of coubter is not that.
Counters are used for counting incidence occurance.

I have not read through details ofvtge issue, but if you want to generate a
unique number, then there could be some otger time based mechanism, which
would make more sense.

Ashish