MapReduce >> mail # user >> Using hdfs:// in FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(conf, new Path(args[0]));

Using hdfs:// in FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(conf, new Path(args[0]));
Can I do something like this?
FileInputFormat.*setInputPaths*(conf, *new* Path("hdfs://host:port/file"));

Examples I am seeing are all using the dir/file. I haven't seen them using
hdfs?

If I am running mapred from remote machine then how do I configure it?