Kafka >> mail # dev >> RC3 status

Re: RC3 status
I copied the files to

joestein@minotaur:~$ ls -l /www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/kafka/*
-rw-r--r--  1 joestein  incubator  14218 Jun 25 14:19 /www/
www.apache.org/dist/incubator/kafka/KEYS

/www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/kafka/kafka-0.7.1-incubating:
total 1807
-rw-r--r--  1 joestein  incubator     7146 Jun 25 14:18 RELEASE-NOTES.html
-rw-r--r--  1 joestein  incubator  1783376 Jun 25 14:18
kafka-0.7.1-incubating-src.tgz
-rw-r--r--  1 joestein  incubator      881 Jun 25 14:18
kafka-0.7.1-incubating-src.tgz.asc
-rw-r--r--  1 joestein  incubator       81 Jun 25 14:18
kafka-0.7.1-incubating-src.tgz.md5

however they are not showing up yet
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/maybe some delay or requires some
other approvals? or I did something wrong
or missed a step?

I looked into the Maven Repositories (read through our existing JIRA on it
which seem to be a Sonays issues)

Any reason to not use Apache's Maven Repo?
http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html ?  I will open a
infrastructure ticket on this later today and see about getting this
through the next set of flaming rings.

It looks like the site pages are here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/site/ should I (once we get
links for downloads... or i could just use my ~joestein apache for now if
we wanted too and update as we make progress on other fronts so we can
announce and get it out there) create a JIRA and make a patch for the
change or just commit what is a simple update or what, don't know the
protocol for site changes

thanks

/*
Joe Stein