Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Need to add fs shim to use QFS

+
Thilee Subramaniam 2012-10-05, 17:27
+
Steve Loughran 2012-10-09, 19:22
+
Harsh J 2012-10-10, 07:05
+
Thilee Subramaniam 2012-10-10, 15:03
+
Steve Loughran 2012-10-10, 19:14
+
Eli Collins 2012-10-10, 19:21
+
Steve Loughran 2012-10-11, 08:59
+
Thilee Subramaniam 2012-10-10, 23:34
+
Steve Loughran 2012-10-11, 15:01
+
Thilee Subramaniam 2012-10-26, 00:24
Re: Need to add fs shim to use QFS
On 26 October 2012 01:24, Thilee Subramaniam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have made the changes recommended here, and made available a 'Hadoop
> QFS jar' with QFS. This plugin and the QFS libraries will be maintained &
> released by the QFS open-source project.
>
> Please see the download and usage instructions at
> https://github.com/quantcast/qfs/wiki/Migration-Guide
>
> The QFS tarball contains a hadoop-qfs jar each for Hadoop 0.23.4, 1.0.2,
> 1.0.4, 1.1.0, and 2.0.2-alpha. Since the interfaces seem similar, I am not
> sure if this is an overkill: one each for trunk and branch1 may suffice.
> Could you comment on this?

Java is a lot more forgiving than C/C++; one built against 1.0.4 should
suffice for all; if you are being over cautious, branch-1 and trunk should
be enough

> Also, is there documentation on Apache Hadoop website that describe
> available alternatives to HDFS (or how to add an alternative file system
> to Hadoop)? Please let us know.

If there isn't something on wiki.apache.org/hadoop there should be: create
a login there, then email back your username and you can have the editor
rights to put something up -I'd suggest a page on "Alternate Filesystems"

-steve
+
Eli Collins 2012-10-05, 17:32
+