HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Auto clean DistCache?

+
Abdelrhman Shettia 2013-03-26, 19:53
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-03-26, 20:44
+
Abdelrahman Shettia 2013-03-26, 23:12
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-27, 01:00
+
Koji Noguchi 2013-03-27, 13:21
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-27, 13:37
+
Harsh J 2013-03-28, 06:33
Re: Auto clean DistCache?
Thanks Harsh. My issue was not related to the number of files/folders
but related to the total size of the DistributedCache. The directory
where it's stored only has 7GB available... So I will setup the limit
to 5GB with local.cache.size, or move it to the drives there I have
the dfs files stored.

Thanks,

JM

2013/3/28 Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> The DistributedCache is cleaned automatically and no user intervention
> (aside of size limitation changes, which may be an administrative
> requirement) is generally required to delete the older distributed
> cache files.
>
> This is observable in code and is also noted in TDG, 2ed.:
>
> Tom White:
> """
> The tasktracker also maintains a reference count for the number of
> tasks using each file in the cache. Before the task has run, the
> file’s reference count is incremented by one; then after the task has
> run, the count is decreased by one. Only when the count reaches zero
> it is eligible for deletion, since no tasks are using it. Files are
> deleted to make room for a new file when the cache exceeds a certain
> size—10 GB by default. The cache size may be changed by setting the
> configuration property local.cache.size, which is measured in bytes.
> """
>
> And also, the maximum allowed dirs is also checked for automatically
> today, to not violate the OS's limits.
>
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Oh! good to know! It keep tracks even of month old entries??? There is no TTL?
>>
>> I was not able to find the documentation for  local.cache.size or
>> mapreduce.tasktracker.cache.local.size  in 1.0.x branch. Do you know
>> where I can found that?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> JM

>>> TaskTracker (or NodeManager in 2.*) keeps the list of dist cache entries in memory.
>>> So if external process (like your script) start deleting dist cache files, there would be inconsistency and you'll start seeing task initialization failures due to no file found error.
>>>
>>> Koji

+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-03-26, 20:43