Hive, mail # user - Need tab separated output file and put limit on number of lines in a output file

Need tab separated output file and put limit on number of lines in a output file
Chunky Gupta 2013-02-20, 06:53
Hi,

Currently the output file columns of my query is separate by "^A", I need
my output to be separated by tab. Can anybody help me in setting this ?

I more doubt, I want to limit the number of lines in output files. For
example, I do not want any of my output file to be more than 1000 lines,
can I set this in configuration ?

Thanks,
Chunky.