Bigtop, mail # dev - Re: [DISCUSSION] Bigtop based apps: how to get maven deps right? - 2014-01-27, 13:44

Re: [DISCUSSION] Bigtop based apps: how to get maven deps right?
Thanks for all this attention to my issue.... I'm trying to follow the debate.

My first question:

1) Can you clarify what is meant by "we drive different dependencies off of our BOM the artifacts end up being different anyway :-("?

Sorry ... Still learning the bigtop vernacular. :).

2) Now in the interim. My current thought is that pig,hive, etc aren't ever gauranteed to have non conflicting classpaths. And thus any hadoop app which attempts to integrate them into a single build will have to use stuff like submodules or profiles.