Bigtop, mail # user - Windows support?

Re: Windows support?
Peter Linnell 2014-02-11, 08:40
On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:46:42 -0800
Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Roman is right. We've no objection to supporting another platform, be
it MacOSX, a BSD or Windows. As a hard core linux guy, I've got
the beneficial experience of supporting other platforms, not in a
reluctant way, but as a way to bring my app to a much wider world.

While the Hortonworks folks deservedly get kudos for porting Hadoop to
Windows, you need to think about the entire stack we support and that
stack will grow. That is at the moment not trivial.

Just my 0.02,

Peter