[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-871?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13895246#comment-13895246 ]
jay vyas commented on BIGTOP-871:
Do we really have a high priority on curating raw VMs? If not, I think raw vagrant on top of existing vagrant boxes is much more efficient to maintain and easier to customize for developers .
0) Let boxgrinder packages stay as they are, or else remove them.
1) Take existing vagrant box's from the vagrant community (vagrant.es).
2) Maintain our existing puppet recipes to work really well on vagrant.
3) For binary images (if we really need them)... Use vagrant repackage to repackage boxes.
4) Do the same for docker (see BIGTOP-1154).
I know its a "vagrant-centric" solution but I think , alongside the docker ticket, ( BIGTOP-1154 ), we will be able to support most use cases pretty effectively, and it frees bigtop of having to manage and create ISOs.
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
Sean Mackrory 2014-02-07, 23:19