Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Re: Windows support?

Re: Windows support?
To highlight what Roman said, I think as individuals we have varying
opinions on particular platforms as any group will, but we would be very
grateful and receptive to any access to Windows dev and test environments,
and expertise for resolving platform specific problems. How should Bigtop
approach Windows as a distribution target? Would we bundle Windows
Installer scripts next to RPM spec files or Debian package build scripts?
Provide MSI convenience artifacts? Any open source or free tools for
mastering Windows packages? Should we package Hadoop daemons as Windows
services? How would that work if the component in question doesn't do so
natively? Etc...